Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy National Nutrition Month

Happy March everyone! If you didn't already know March is National Nutrition Month, which I think is very exciting. Then again maybe I'm biased for some strange reason.

National Nutrition Month was started by the American Dietetic Association to create awareness on the importance of having a well balanced diet and incorporating regular physical activity into your life. These things can be tough with our busy schedules, but with a little effort you can easily be successful.

Even if you're not studying nutrition you should still care just a little about it. With the current obesity rates among adults and children and the escalating rates of Type II diabetes and heart disease being healthy is a huge concern. People don't realize the impact that eating properly has on their health and that even just a few tiny little changes in their habits can have a huge impact.

I know that I feature a lot of baked items on my blog and that they wouldn't be considered the healthiest items, but the thing is I believe in moderation. I'm not eating these items 24/7 and make sure to savor each bite so I'm not wanting to continuously eat more. I mean I love sweets, especially chocolate as much as everyone else, but I do regularly eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as lots of whole grains that are packed with fiber and lean protein. These foods leave me feeling completely satisfied and energetic as well as having an overall sense of well-being. Okay, I think you've probably had enough of my preaching on nutrition, but in honor of National Nutrition Month I dare you to make one small change.

For more information on National Nutrition Month visit www.eatright.org/nnm and as always Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment