Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simple Brownies

Today I decided on a whim to make brownies, but I was looking for a recipe that would give me the type of brownies that I wanted; nothing overbearingly sweet, something that was fudgy, without it being too much, and of course chocolately. Indeed they turned out to be just that. Sweet enough, but you could still taste the cocoa flavor of the chocolate and fudgy without being an ooey gooey mess.

I actually used a brownie recipe off of the Hershey website and think that this will be my go to recipe for brownies for now on. These were also extremely easy to make, which is making me consider ditching boxed brownies for now on. I think this batch of brownies will be going in my freezer, where they will safely be out of my sight and can easily be taken out to feed to people or for a midnight snack for myself.

This is the melted butter, sugar, vanilla mixture that the recipe starts out with.

Here is the finished batter all ready to be popped into the oven.

Hershey's Best Brownies
From: Hershey's Kitchens

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) - I didn't use any in my brownies

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 and grease (I used Canola non-stick cooking spray) a 9 inch square baking pan
2) Stir together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract
3) Add eggs and beat well with a spatula
4) Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt beating until it is blended together well
5) Stir in the nuts
6) Spread batter evenly in pan
7) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies pull away form the edges of the pan. Cool completely and then frost if desired (I skipped the frosting)

Yield: About 16 brownies




No comments:

Post a Comment