Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spinach & Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken

Having found myself with leftover spinach from my crepe experience I decided to try making stuffed chicken, well it is actually more like rolled chicken but you get the idea. Something about the idea of having chicken filled with warm spinach, garlic, onions, and Mozzarella cheese that oozes out when you cut into it seemed so irresistible to me.

Making this was really simple and can easily be done in a variety of ways. In the past I've eaten variations that included chicken stuffed with prosciutto and Provolone cheese. However, I did forget to take any pictures until I took the chicken out of the oven, so you won't be able to see my step-by-step process for this, so my description will have to suffice.


In order to get a large enough surface to lay out my filling on I had to pound out my chicken flat. Since I do not have a meat mallet I used my trusty hammer, which did an excellent job. I placed the chicken onto my cutting board and covered it with plastic wrap, then I took out my frustrations on the chicken and hit at it. Once I got it to what I thought seemed flat enough I spooned some of my leftover spinach mixture onto the chicken followed by a sprinkle of Mozzarella cheese. Next I rolled the chicken up tightly starting at one end and slowly rolling making sure to keep the filling tightly secured inside of the roll. I then placed the chicken into a baking dish with the flap side down so that the ends will seal together during the cooking process. You can then season the outside of the chicken with what ever you wish. Finally, I baked the chicken at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment